Labour Market Information System
Innovative Corporate Solutions Co. Limited is seeking to recruit a Technical Support Engineer (Tier I). The primary roles of the Technical Support Engineer (Tier 1) will be responding to supports calls, emails requests and chats communication from our
contract customers regarding technical issue/ queries. This position utilizes technical knowledge to support IT initiatives and provide first-level technical support. The goal is to focus on excellent service and first-call resolution.
- To provide 1st line technical support
- To support users remotely while on-call; after-hours or weekend call
- Install, test, evaluate, maintain, and deploy new software, hardware, and procedures
- Maintain the PC/Laptop inventory
- To maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles
- To update all calls in the call logging system while working on short term outsourcing arrangement and in-house
- Support users in the use of computer equipment by providing necessary training and advice
- To escalate more complex calls to the relevant IT Support member
- Perform backup restoration based on customer request
- Identify and resolve and technical problems
- Perform proactive checks remotely within the customer environment on core infrastructure
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform at minimum, the following:
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening, and customer-care
- Diagnosis skills of technical issues
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately.
- Service awareness of all organization’s key IT services for which support is being provided.
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-moving environment.
- Basic understanding of networking principles (TCIP, DHCP, DNS, Internet)
- Basic knowledge of wireless security and wireless client configuration• Entry level knowledge of Active Directory
- General knowledge of server maintenance tasks
- Corporate antivirus software experience (Symantec Endpoint Protection preferred)
- Spyware removal experience
- Troubleshooting fundamentals
- Firm understanding of desktop hardware
- Firm understanding of mobile device configurations and support
Education, Certification & Training:
- CompTIA N+, CCNA, MCSA
- At least an Associate Degree/Diploma in Technology/Computer related field.
- Minimum two (2) years related experience
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Suite and tools (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Teams)