Labour Market Information System
General Accountability/Purpose of Position:
The role of Technical Solution Engineer (TSE) is to support customers in the design and implementation technology solutions. As a TSE you will interact with customers by walking them through the installation process and instructing them on how to operate
The TSE must be able to identify system requirements, proposed solutions, and implement system configuration as per customer requirements. In this role you will required to collaborate with software and hardware vendors as needed to provide customer solutions. The incumbent is expected to learn and understand enterprise computing and formal service models such as ITIL and embrace both the operational and scope aspects of projects such as change management.
Key Responsibilities/Major Tasks:
- Create design, validate, document, and deliver solutions using ICSL product portfolio.
- Solve problems looking at the pros and cons of a solution and finding the path that provides benefits to the client with the least risk.
- Setup infrastructure to validate various combination of ICSL product portfolio to build solutions for the customer.
- Participate and collaborate with vendors to design, implement, and deliver one or more functional building blocks of a planned software platform or products.
- Be a trusted technical advisor to customers, and align ICSL products, services, and customizations, to support their strategic goals.
- Develop and present customer presentations at every enterprise customer’s organization level.
- Lead by owning tasks, following up with necessary personnel to complete activities.
- Implement technical solutions for enterprise customers.
- Provide timely written technical updates on project tasks within 24hrs after schedule date.
- Actively participation in meetings with customer and project managers. Lead technical discussion when assigned.
- Involve actively in training programs as well as pass certification exams.
- Act as the escalation point for Tier 2 Support.
- Any other duties assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Strong Knowledge and experience working with various operating systems.
- Demonstrate Intellectual Curiosity (problem solving, creativity, critical thinking, innovation, research)
- Experience developing IT and cloud infrastructure.
- Excellent communication skills including written and oral, with focus on report writing, presentation, process flows, and the ability to present ideas in user-friendly language/format.
- Knowledge and experience working with various operating systems.• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment, adapt quickly to, and drive change initiatives.
- Good project management, trouble-shooting and excellent time management skills.
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing/technology issues as required.
- Highly self-motivated, proactive with the ability to take initiative.
- Keen attention to detail and strong documentation.
- Demonstrate an understanding of best practices regarding Technology products.
- Professional work experience in analyzing computer hardware and software.
- Perform at standard/expected level for all ICSL Performance Competencies.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Team-oriented, able to work effectively in collaborative environment.
Education, Certification & Training
- At least an Associate Degree/Diploma in Technology/Computer related field.
- Minimum five (5) years related experience
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Suite and tools (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Teams)
- Must be Proficient at the required level of certifications needed to fulfil job including any of the following as applicable: (Virtualization and Backup)
- VMware VCAP Datacenter
- Lenovo Data Center Certification
- Veeam Certified Engineer (VMCE)
- Veeam Certified Architect (VMCA)
- Veritas NetBackup Certification (Networking and Security)
- Cisco CCNP Networking
- Cisco CCNP Security
- Cisco Networking: On-Premises and Cloud Solutions
- VMware network Virtualization NSX