Labour Market Information System
Provides clerical support to ensure the maintenance and implementation of a reliable and efficient first time of contact between the Federation and its Clients.
Assists with the smooth internal operations of the office; provides support for the planning and execution of JEF’s events; assists with the marketing of JEF’s Training interventions Products and Services, in accordance with the Federation’s standards and operational Policies.
Specific Knowledge Required
- Knowledge of Jamaica Employers’ Federation Products and Services
- Basic knowledge of telephone techniques, marketing strategies and sales techniques
- General knowledge of basic Accounting principles, Electronic Data Base systems, Microsoft software programmes and inventory management.
- General knowledge and appreciation of Office Decorum, Office procedures – practises and trends and employee relations.
- Computer literacy including Publisher, Power Point, Access and Spread Sheet applications.
Qualifications and Experience
- High School Diploma with passes at levels 1 or 2 in English Language, Mathematics, Office Procedure, Principles of Business or Principles of Accounts.
- Experience in a similar position preferably in a Customer Centric organization with Customer or Member-focused responsibilities would be an asset.
- Knowledge of methods and processes for showcasing products and providing customer services.
- Strategies and techniques in ensuring Customer satisfaction.
- Highly developed computer skills and software applications (PowerPoint, Access and Spread Sheet application)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with heavy emphasis on both oral and written communication.
- A track record which will attest to sound ethical principles, excellent performance levels, high regard for and practice of office decorum, high regard for records maintenance, time management, neatness, order and team cooperation.
Required Skills and Specialised Techniques
- Ability to research, recognise and extract relevant data
- Ability to assimilate and disseminate relevant information
- Ability to perform transaction steps relevant to the sale of publications
- Must be a team player with problem solving techniques
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Sound co-ordinating, planning, organizing and time management skills
- Ability to work on own initiative 85% of the time
- High degree of self-confidence and creativity