Institute of Jamaica
To photograph digitally, activities, events and artifacts/objects from the National Collection in a manner that facilitates archiving.
- Performs photographic shoots in-house and off-site
- Ensures proper lighting for studio work
- Ensures the proper handling, storage and care of all photographic equipment
- Photographs and maintains database of staff members
- Digitizes photographic hardcopy collection as agreed
- Chooses appropriate software for storage of photographic collection
- Catalogues/captions each photograph to ensure accuracy of records
- Burns CDs of various photographic shoots as required
- Prepares requisitions for photographic material
- Recommends/advises on the purchase of photographic equipment e.g. cameras, lighting and scanner.
- Makes reprints/enlargements from negatives as requested.
Required Education, Experience and Competencies
- Four (4) CXC or GCE subjects including Mathematics or Accounts and English Language
- Diploma in Photography and/or Videography
- Two (2) years experience
Duration of Employment: May 1, 2021 to August 31, 2021