Institute of Jamaica
To assist library users and research staff in the retrieval, use and care of library resources
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
- Assists with the compilation of the library’s inventory.
- Assists when required in the implementation of all ACIJ/JMB’s programmes
- Maintains a daily library log of all users of the library and subject areas researched.
- Assists with the preparation of exhibitions.
- Assists with the use of audiovisual equipment.
- Assists with research queries.
- Assists library users and research staff to access information by locating the required information resource.
- Types catalogue entries on the AVIDA database and back-up made in accordance with operating procedures.
- Weeds the catalogues periodically.(Removing duplicate and (or) withdrawn entries)
- Assists with bibliographic research.
- Maintains a filing in accordance with established standards.
- Makes recommendations for acquisitions required.
- Clips, mounts and files articles from the previous month’s newspapers.
PERIOD OF EMPLOYMENT : November 9, 2020-February 28, 2021
- Five (5) GCE Ordinary Level or CXC subjects including English Language
- Library Technical Assistant Certificate would be an asset