Labour Market Information System
JOB DESCRIPTION – HUMAN RESOURCE DEPARTMENT
Position Title: HR Coordinator- Benefits Admin. & Communication
Direct Report: Human Resource Manager
1. MAIN FUNCTION
The HR Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the activities of all Human Resources related projects along with providing support for other Human Resources functions including staff communication/engagement, benefits and welfare and Human Resource documentation.
11. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
• Drafts and revises job advertisements and dispatched to the media and within the company.
• Assists with the collection and dissemination of job applications to HR and Department Managers.
• Schedules interviews in conjunction with Department Managers.
• Replies to short-listed applicants.
• Manages the completion of application forms by applicants.
• Screens employee security checks.
• Coordinates employee orientation program.
• Maintains personnel records for employees, noting all movements in employee status/profile.
• Receives and conducts preliminary check of leave applications ensuring relevant approval.
• Updates leave accounting system weekly.
• Coordinates the enrolment of employees in Pensions, Health and Group Life schemes.
• Coordinates the provision of uniforms to Windsor and Massy Distribution (Jamaica) Limited employees.
• Recognizes employee life cycle events (birthdays, sickness, death etc.)
• Ensures adequate amount of stationery and HR forms are maintained in the department at all times.
• Supervises and coordinates the activities of Telephone Operators and Office Attendants.
• Orders Canteen equipment when necessary.
• Coordinates all termination activities inclusive of Pension, Notice Pay, Vacation, Separation/Termination letter and Farewell functions.
• Work with management team to develop innovative communication methods and messaging that will inform and strengthen the employees and their functions.
• Collaborate with other members of the Human Resources team to develop communication strategies and coordinate external communications when appropriate.
• Continuously improving communication that will enable the organization to communicate more effectively and efficiently.
• Assist in designing and maintaining company notice and C.A.R.E boards.
• Assist in the maintenance and improvement of the HR filing system, both paper and computer-based.
• Coordinate quarterly focus groups, benchmark surveys and HR related publications.
Externally: Suppliers, Business Partners and visitors to the
Internally: All Members of Staff
1V. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Management Studies or any related discipline.
• 3 years in Human Resource Administration.
• Training in Labour Laws, HRM and Supervisory Management.
• Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is necessary.
• A high level of confidentiality and reliability.
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high pressure environment
This job is satisfactorily performed when:
• Completed jobs are timely and of a high professional standard
• Dependability and initiative are displayed
• Good working relations and a positive attitude to work are maintained.
• The image of the department is positive among other departments of the company.