Labour Market Information System
THE HEART INSTITUTE OF THE CARIBBEAN
SEEKING QUALIFIED AND EXPERIENCED ENROLL ASSISTANT NURSES
Enrolled nurses contribute to nursing assessments, care planning, implementation and evaluation of care for health consumers and/or families.
Enrolled Assistant Nurse (HTAC/EAN 1)
Under the general supervision of the Registered Medical Practitioner or Registered Nurse, the Enrolled Nursing Assistant is responsible for the daily supervision of specified areas while functioning within the current legislation affecting the practice of Nursing in Jamaica, the International Council of Nurses and the policies and practice of the Bellevue Hospital.
- Diploma in Enrolled Assistant Nursing
- Registration with the Nursing Council of Jamaica
- Valid Nursing License
Duties & Responsibilities
- Participating in the development and coordination of appropriate nursing care plans based on analysis of the information obtained through clients’ family members, interviews, examinations and assessment in community clinics and ward areas.
- Organizing the supervision of the rehabilitation programmes designed to aid in adjusting to his/her environment.
- Making recommendations for changes in Nursing Care Plans according to the clients response to treatment.
- Maintain close observation of clients to assess mental, physical and psychological needs to plan care.
- Deliver appropriate nursing care which includes preventative, therapeutic and rehabilitation aspects of group and individuals.
- Provide specialized nursing care by utilizing skills in appropriate areas of specialization.
- Prepare and present cases forward rounds and ward conferences, verbally and written.
- Ensure that specified medical orders are interpreted and implemented promptly.
- Ensures that adequate precautions are taken to maintain sterility in carrying out surgical procedures.
- Ensures that the following procedures, instruments and equipment are cleaned, sterilized and ready for storage and appropriate records made.
- Ensure that handing over of accurate, concise report on clients’ condition, written or oral during change of shifts or as required.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to interact with internal and external clients with excellent customer service
- Ability to use industrial grade equipment
- Good human relations and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills and good judgement
- Flexible and willing to work under pressure
- Knowledge of the functions of a laundry department
- Knowledge of cleaning techniques, and proper use of chemicals and solutions
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions