Fontana Limited (Fontana Pharmacy)
Accountable for error-free cash register operations, payment processing, and
interactions with customers. Obtain payment for goods by itemizing and totaling customer’s purchases.
This document describes the work that should normally be done. It should be borne in mind that no frame of
reference is in itself complete and the use of one’s initiative and discretion must always be a guiding factor.
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
• Ensure outstanding customer service delivery at all times.
• Answer customers’ questions, and provide information on policies and procedures
• Maintain clean and orderly checkout areas.
• Ensure cash line has all the necessary items. E.g. bags, staples, wrapping tapes etc.
• Assist in the training of new Cashiers as requested
• Assist in stock taking when necessary and the ordering of goods as requested
• Request goods from other location on a weekly basis or as needed to replenish stock
• Keep work area stocked with goods.
• Check for expired goods, re-stock shelves and remove price tags if there is a price change.
• Receive and process payments accurately via cash, cheque and credit cards
• Issue receipts, refunds, credits or cash change to customer
• Ensure cash from daily sales are balance at the end of each shift
• Ensure float amount is correct at the beginning and end of each shift and that there is adequate change
• Answer telephone and assist customers with over the phone queries as is possible
• Provide product knowledge to customers by highlighting the features, values and benefits of each product.
• Return uncashed items to designated areas.
• Ensure customers are served their correct purchased item
• Provide customers with relevant information about specials and promotions
• Introduce new goods and services to customers.
• Provide rapid response to customer complaints
• Communicate all discrepancies to relevant manager/supervisors
• Direct all queries/ concerns to immediate supervisor first in keeping with the chain of command
• Ensure that the checkout section is orderly and secure.
• Ensure that items purchased by customers are in good condition before it leaves the store
• Any other duties that have been assigned by managers or supervisors should be performed.
• In addition to performance of the essential functions above, this position may be required to perform a
combination of other supportive functions, to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular
requirements of Fontana Limited.
• In order to properly service our clients, you may be required to work outside of our scheduled business hours.
• Timely execution of duties in keeping with pre-arranged schedule.
• Care and diligence in protecting the organization’s assets
Working Environment / Physical Activities:
• Considerable physical activity. May require handling of objects that can weigh up to 50 lbs.
• Work is normally performed in an open layout environment.
EXPERIENCE; EDUCATION OR CERTIFICATION
• High School Diploma / School Leaving Certificate
• At least 5 CXC’s inclusive of Mathematics and English Language.
• Must have at least One (1) year experience in cashiering in a retail environment.
• Certificate in Cashiering would be an asset
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
• Knowledge of operating cash register and maintaining cash drawer
• Versed in performing monetary transactions such as giving and receiving change
• Ability to maintain knowledge of current product location
• Ability to analyze and solve problems.
• Must possess a high level of accuracy
• Strong problem solving skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on
accurate and timely analyses
• Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate (verbal, listening, writing) and manage well at all levels
of the organization and with other team members
• Must be detailed oriented and a multitasker with superb organizational skills
• Must possess a high level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency
• Must have strong internal and external customer service skills
• Willingness to demonstrate lateral service and support in a cooperative and pleasant manner for the overall
good of the company.
• Excellent interpersonal and team skills, extremely collegial
• Outstanding communications skills, written and oral
• Demonstrated resourcefulness and good judgment
• Honest and trustworthy
• Values diversity of thought, backgrounds and perspectives
• Ability to multi-task while maintaining vigilant attention to detail
• Integrity/ethics beyond reproach
• Constantly looking to apply best practices