Institute of Jamaica
The Artisan’s major objective/purpose is to adequately carry out basic building maintenance painting, plumbing, electrical, carpentry and masonry for a functional facility to include the provision of installation support for exhibitions/displays mounted by the Public Relations Department and outreach arm of the Institute of Jamaica.
- Carries-out routine checks to identify infrastructure related issues and take steps to resolve them.
- Maintains the infrastructures including; painting, plumbing, carpentry, electrical work and masonry.
- Carries-out basic construction/installations of internal partitions for office spaces and enclosures.
- Removes and replaces lighting fixtures in offices, restrooms, foyers and on the general compound of Institute of Jamaica (IOJ) facilities.
- Carries-out preventative maintenance works of structures through detection of termite infestation and makes recommendations for treatment applications.
- Ensures all drainage systems are free from blockage and are in proper working order
- Conducts repairs to broken/damaged furniture.
PERIOD OF EMPLOYMENT – May 1, 2021 to August 31, 2021
- Certificate or equivalent qualification in carpentry or general construction or a practical knowledge of carpentry with a minimum of three years’ experience.
- Training in the necessary preventative conservation skills and storage techniques
- Training in plumbing work would be an asset.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS ASSOCIATED WITH JOB
- May be expected to work beyond normal working hours occasionally on weekends when special events such as exhibitions are being mounted.
- Must wear full body overalls, gloves and goggles or face mask, as appropriate