Labour Market Information System
Essential Job Functions
· Perform the day to day accounting functions including the processing of journal entries and
maintaining the complete GL operations;
· Prepare special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends;
· Facilitate the efficient performance of the year-end audit process by ensuring timely preparations of
audit schedules and other such information as required;
· Carry out periodic costing of various products;
· Prepare payroll;
· Administer accounts payables and receivables;
· Manage the documentation of Standard Operating Procedures for the department ;
· Maintain an appropriate archive for the company’s accounting records;
· Any other duties assigned from time to time.
· Bachelors Degree in Business Administration. Major Accounting, ACCA Level 111 or
equivalent from a recognized tertiary institution
· 3-5 years working experience in the accounting field
· Certificate in Supervisory Skills
· Strong leadership, analytical and interpersonal skills.
· Proficient in Microsoft packages, QuickBooks or similar accounting software.
· Experience in accounts receivable / payable, product costing, inventory controls, cash flow
forecasting and fixed asset management.
· Sound knowledge of Jamaica’s taxation laws.
· In-depth knowledge of International Accounting Standards
· In-depth knowledge of Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
· In-depth knowledge of statutory payroll regulations