A Registered Nurse may be expected to:
- Oversee the assessment and recording of vital signs and symptoms, adjust and modify care plan according to observation made of the resident's physical and mental state
- Oversee the administration of medication, treatment and monitor the residents reaction to ensure the best possible outcomes
- Conduct Monthly Inspection/Audit of all medication and complete and submit the Medication Audit Report Form to the Nursing Supervisor
- Anticipate potential and predictable problems and institute early intervention to prevent or reduce occurrence eg: Disorientation, physiological alterations, disturbance in acuity, rest sleep patterns and nutrition
- Acts promptly and effectively in emergency situation
- Performs nursing procedures that are appropriate to the needs, age and acuity level of the resident.
- Assists in promoting the general Nursing Service of the Home by setting and maintaining a high level of professional standards.
- Report to the Medical Officer any critical matter regarding residents to be examined and treated.
- Give subcutaneous, intramuscular and intravenous injections as directed by internal Medical Practitioner
- Effectively Manage Petty Cash assigned to the Nursing Department
- Performs other related duties that may be assigned from time to time
Minimum Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's of Science in Nursing from an accredited Institution
- Registered with the Nursing Council of Jamaica
- Certificate in caring for the elderly
- 1-2 years working experience as a Registered Nurse
- Experience working with the Elderly population will be an asset.
- Professional qualification and or certification in Supervisory Management would be an asset