Individuals are being invited to submit Letter of Interest and full Curricula Vitae, for the position of Procurement Specialist to be assigned to the PATH Programme.
The Ministry of Labour and Social Security has received funding from the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) and is applying a part of the proceeds to this procurement activity.
IDB Loan No: 3565/0C-JA
Project Name: INTEGRATED SUPPORT TO JAMAICA SOCIAL PROTECTION STRATEGY (ISS)
Contract Duration: 24 months
A Consultant will be selected based on the Comparison of Qualifications Method as set out in the IDB Policy (GN-2350-9)
The position is responsible for accurately analyzing, evaluating, and assessing the variables surrounding requests for highly sensitive and technical procurements and projects and selecting and implementing the most optimal procurement method. The incumbent will ensure that the procurement of Goods, Services, Works, Consulting and Non-Consulting Services follows the appropriate Guidelines under the Inter-American Development Bank (IADB) and the Government of Jamaica (GOJ) Procurement Policy framework.
The Procurement Specialist shall,
* Prepare detailed Procurement Plans to maximize effectiveness and efficiency
* Prepare all Procurement related Reports
* Prepare all Contracts for the Selection and Employment of Consultants
* Prepare all Supplier’s Contracts
* Prepare all Requests for Proposals and Bid Documents
* Conduct Evaluations for all procurement processes.
* Interact with key stakeholders in identifying business needs, building relationships and selling the features and benefits of early procurement involvement.
* Manage preparation, implementation and execution of procurement processes.
* Implement procurement processes to ensure efficiency, cost savings and best practices.
* Work with finance team throughout the procurement cycle to assist with forecasting and budgeting.
* Assist Vendor Manager in vendor selection, management and performance.
* Perform sourcing, liaising and negotiating with new and existing suppliers to improve business.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
* The incumbent is required to have a First Degree in the Social Sciences with a major in Finance.
* He/she must also have at least five (5) years experience in field of procurement and
* at least two years experience working with the GOJ and IADB procurement guidelines
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION
Responses should be submitted in hard copy or via e-mail on Friday December 21, 2018 to the attention of:
Ministry of Labour and Social Security
14 National Heroes Circle
Telephone: 876-967-0420 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org